Telecommunications Systems Engineering B. Eng.
Program Educational ObjectivesGraduates, upon completion of the studies, will have the capabilities and skills to
- Will be carrying out professional practice in the field of Telecommunications Systems / Telecommunications Engineering applying acquired knowledge and competences to the design, management and maintainance of products, processes and systems.
- Will implement solutions to engineering problems, using professional arguments based on critical thinking and considering scientific, technical, social, and ethical aspects with professional responsibility.
- Will be valuable members and/or leaders of multidisciplinary teams, communicating oral and written information, conveying ideas and solutions effectively in a national and international environment.
- Will engage in lifelong learning with a high degree of autonomy to attain additional qualifications, to achieve professional growth and to master emerging technologies, tools and methods.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS: project devising, development and management for the design, conception, deployment and operation of Telecommunications networks, services and applications.
- TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS: design, planning, coordination, management and supervision of wire and optical fiber transmission systems, including communication media and equipment, as well as information and signal processing techniques.
- RADIO COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS: design, planning, deployment and supervision of radiocommunication systems (radio broadcasting, wireless networks, satellite, mobile systems and television), radar and radiodetermination.
- RF AND MICROWAVE CIRCUITS: design and development of radiofrequency and microwave circuits and subsystems, aerials and radiant systems
ABET Student Outcomes
|1||An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.|
|2||An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.|
|3||An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.|
|4||An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.|
|5||An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.|
|6||An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.|
|7||An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.|
General Student Outcomes
The UPM and Spanish legislation define a series of requirements in order to design an engineering program which are represented as a series of general student outcomes:
|CG_02||Ability to search and select information, develop critical thinking and produce and defend arguments within the area|
|CG_03||Ability to express oneself in oral and written form, and to convey information through documents and public presentations|
|CG_04||Ability to abstract, analyze, and synthesize, and to solve problems|
|CG_05||Ability for teamwork in multidisciplinary environments|
|CG_06||Ability for adaptability, negotiation, conflict resolution and leadership|
|CG_07||Ability to design, manage, and direct projects|
|CG_08||Ability to organize, plan and make decisions|
|CG_09||Ability to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions|
|CG_10||Ability to handle specifications, rules and regulations and to apply them in the practice of the profession.|
|CG_11||Skills for the use of Information and Communication Technologies|
|CG_12||Skills for interpersonal relations and work in a national and international context, with the ability to express in oral and written English|
|CG_13||Learning skills with a high degree of autonomy|
|CG_14||An attitude of Ethics and professional responsibility, as well as respect for human rights and cultural diversity|
Specific Student Outcomes
Specific student outcomes stated by Ministerial Order CIN/352/2009 which must be accomplished by university programs to be compliant with the professional qualifications stated by law for a Technical Telecommunication Engineer (Bachelor).